Credit Analyst – 1212034
This position is responsible for providing analysis of submitted financial information in support of
lending officers. It is further responsible for providing support and assistance to the lending officers
in the processing and underwriting of loan applications, production of documentation required to
book loans and efficient performance of administrative duties for the commercial real
estate/commercial loan portfolio.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepares detailed analysis of financial statements, operating statements, and tax returns for
use in preparation of loan presentations.
2. Performs ongoing analysis of submitted financials, tax returns, borrowing certificates and rent
rolls to ensure compliance with loan covenants and for inclusion in new presentations or file
memos as required.
3. Performs account-related duties such as maintaining proper collateral and margin requirements
on secured loans, documentation of file, loan review reports, etc. in order to maintain current
credit files and data regarding the customers’ financial and business status.
4. Prepares Credit Committee presentations in a timely manner and ensures the proper
5. Processes the loan input sheet and produces the complete loan documentation process for
new loans, loan modifications and loan renewals with the appropriate approvals following all
existing policies and procedures.
6. Coordinates the assembly of required loan documents in order to book new loans, loan
modifications and renewals including compliance with proper approvals and all existing policies
7. Analyzes new loan requests including ordering the appropriate credit reports, doing appropriate
credit/reference checks, tax lien search, judgement search, title commitments, Experian
Reports, UCC’s, Certificates of Good Standing, etc.
8. Administers numerous account-related functions on behalf of customers such as resolving
errors, overdraft problems, customer complaints and maintains contact with operations and
other departments in order to resolve problems or to refer a prospect. Provides follow-up to
ensure customer satisfaction.
9. Monitors exception, maturity and past due reports and follows up as instructed by the
10.Responsible for the set up and maintenance of all loan files.
11.Prepares various monthly/quarterly department reports.
12.Keeps abreast of related issues through review of various publications and attendance at
customer functions, meetings, seminars and courses as is appropriate.
13.Completes special projects as required.
14.Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in finance, accounting or business (required)
One year of analysis experience at a financial institution (required)
Prior banking or commercial lending experience (preferred)
• Ability to multi-task
• Analytical aptitude
• Communication (verbal/written)
• Customer service orientation
• Detail attentiveness
• General office equipment
Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
Normal office functions