Credit Officer – 1212752
Position: Regional Credit Officer | Division: Commercial Credit
Why Our Bank:
We are one of the largest independently owned banks in Texas with offerings in personal and private banking, wealth management, business banking and mortgage lending.
Our Bankers are empowered to drive innovation, grow their careers, and be their authentic selves, regardless of their background.
Purpose of the Position:
Supports the San Antonio Commercial, Business Banking, and Private Bankers in administering and decisioning the larger, more complex credit relationships within the assigned territory. Accountable for credit portfolio management to ensure appropriate and prudent underwriting, loan closing and portfolio administration. Develop, recommend and implement policies and procedures that govern the credit activities of the Bank.
Primary liaison between the Bankers and Credit Department for the delivery of Commercial, Business Banking, and Private Banking credit products to bank clientele. Supervises credit department staff to obtain desired performance.
- Decision commercial, business, private banking, and commercial real estate loans within lending authority.
- Maintain capacity through the effective use of the Credit Department and Portfolio Managers for credit approval responsibilities of new Commercial, Business Banking, and Private Banking opportunities.
- Coordinate credit processing of Commercial, Business Banking, and Private Banking client renewals/prospect approvals with the Credit Department to ensure timely approval and submission.
- Act as Business, Commercial, and Private Banking subject matter expert for credit administration to include training and mentoring of credit analyst, portfolio managers and Assistant Relationship Managers for Commercial, Business, Private Banking credit structures.
- Key team member of the Commercial, Business, Private Banking and CRE teams that focuses on the internal processes to allow the bankers to be more effective externally.
- Supervises Portfolio Managers within the credit department team in the following areas:
- – Develops and coaches staff to obtain desired performance
- – Provides performance evaluation
- – Manages and approves vacations on ADP system
- Attend seminars, in-house training opportunities, and uses bank publications to stay abreast of compliance requirements and best practices for loan processing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements:
- Commercial underwriter experience with 8+ years of direct experience in Central Texas region with the ability to structure, manage, develop, and make credit decision on commercial, business banking, and private banking relationships. Experience in a variety of commercial real estate credit structures is preferred.
- Strong credit analytical and organizational skills to manage workflow and meet transactional deadlines. Intermediate or higher spreadsheet skills are preferred.
- Formal credit training
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also is a team player with the ability to work with both Bankers and Credit Administration
- **Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- **Strong time management skills with the ability to make independent decisions
- **Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment and provide support for others
- Required: College graduate with a 4 year degree.
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree with a major in the Business School.
- Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with bank core systems including financial spreading software.
We’re a culture that offers resources to benefit your overall health and well-being:
- Employee Impact Groups
- Career Development and Mentorship Programs
- Generous paid time off, minimum 4 weeks
- Employee recognition, awards, and events
- Free vision insurance
- Retirement matching
- Tuition reimbursement
This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Drug-free and tobacco-free workplace, with a nicotine-free hiring policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.