Credit Analyst/Portfolio Manager – 1212873
The Portfolio Manager / Credit Analyst is responsible for independently gathering and analyzing business and financial records and other information and documents necessary to assess customer credit and risks in connection with primarily commercial loans. The analyst is responsible for making determinations and recommendations on commercial credit decisions, credit risk, and loan approvals for loans. This position also conducts risk assessment analysis of various types of loan requests through evaluation of financial statements, industry ratios, market risk, collateral, sensitivity analyses, and projections. The analyst works closely with commercial customers and other bank employees. The employee follows all established policies and procedures of the Bank.
Detailed Job Duties:
- Participate in pre-credit discussions, analyze and assist in responding to initial credit requests. Due Diligence:
- Develop and perform information needs assessment and identify all documents and information necessary to conduct a thorough credit and risk review and analysis.
- Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns, and other necessary business records, prepare projections, and perform sensitivity analyses.
• Conduct Credit, financial and industry analysis.
- Structure loans or review and/or recommend structure, terms and pricing for primarilycommercial loans.
- Identify and evaluate risks and mitigates and make determination and recommendation of credit risk grade.
- Monitor borrowing base/covenant compliance and approve advance requests on Line of Credit.
- Partner with Loan officers to ensure that loan documentation and financial information is properly maintained and collected from customers.
- Order and review property appraisals to properly evaluate collateral value for transactions under consideration.
- Candidate will assist with other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, or related field.
- Minimum three to five (3-5) years of experience in both commercial and real estate credit analysis
- Thorough understanding of financial accounting, loan structuring, legal, compliance and market risk related issues involved in the approval of credit.
- Interpersonal skills
- An ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- An ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel)
Working Conditions: Professional working environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer