Portfolio Manager – 1212876
Salt Lake City, UT
Commercial Portfolio Manager
Position Type Full Time
Salary Range$100,000.00 Base + Commission/year
Summary & Position Responsibilities
The Commercial Portfolio Manager will manage a portfolio of commercial credits and partner closely with Commercial Bankers to deliver outstanding solutions to our clients. This individual is not required to source new business opportunities, but rather will focus on converting commercial loan opportunities generated by Bankers and will support the teams in client meetings. This includes following up once a relationship and/or loan is sourced to drive new clients to the bank and managing all assigned loans through to the approval process in conjunction with Credit Analysts and Commercial Loan Administrators.
Structuring, Underwriting and Closing of Loans
- Partner with Commercial Bankers on new deals in the pipeline as well as existing loans that mature, structuring commercial credits based upon bank guidelines and client needs.
- Manage all assigned loans through to the approval processes, continuously interacting with prospective and existing clients while owning the underwriting process on each specific loan.
- Work with the Credit Analysts to review spreads and complete credit presentations.
- Meet all deadlines and bring deals to credit approvers or to loan committee in a timely manner.
- Partner with the Commercial Loan Administration team to generate loan documents and closing packages.
- Maintain a strong understanding of cash flow analysis, collateral evaluation, and financial analysis.
- Identify risks in proposed new transactions, introducing controls to mitigate risks.
- Ensure the quality, integrity and soundness of all analysis, underwriting, client satisfaction and credit approval process for assigned portfolio.
Portfolio Management and Monitoring
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reviews of loan covenants and financial data for all loans within assigned portfolio.
- Continuously monitor portfolio and visits clients to understand clients business performance, identifying early warning signs of changes in risk and credit quality.
- Prepare detailed annual reviews of existing credits as designated.
- Provide an ongoing review of credit quality, changes in risk, compliance with loan covenants and compliance with the banks credit policy.
- Proactively manage credit risk and exposure for assigned portfolio, monitor collateral, initiate changes in risk ratings and manage any modifications of loan terms or covenants.
- Ensure all loan files are up to date, working directly with clients to obtain most recent financial documentation.
- Ensure that loan files are complete, with all ongoing required documentation in file.
- Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting strongly preferred; MBA or CFA strongly preferred.
- 3-5+ years of credit portfolio management experience, including (a) being able to take the lead on proposing appropriate terms and financial covenants based on identified key risks, and (b) underwriting a broad range of C&I transactions in various industries.
- Experience spreading financials and completing financial projections using Moodys RiskAnalyst software.
- Experience with projecting financial performance and using discounted cash flow analysis to determine enterprise value is preferred.
- Competition of a formal commercial credit training program is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements and accounting standards.
- Strong familiarity with credit policies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Must be comfortable working with complex computer operating systems (nCino experience a plus).
- Strong organizational time management skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly grasp concepts and processes with limited guidance from management.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to interact well, and in a positive manner, with co-workers and management.