Business Banking Relationship Manager – 1213258
Walnut Creek, CA
In this role you will provide a full range of banking services to businesses: companies with annual sales from $2.5 Million and up; and loan requests up to $5M aggregate credit exposure; with emphasis on client contact, sales, and service, taking into account the bank’s interests in acquiring new or handling existing customers, acceptable from a risk/return point of view. Cross-sell a full range of business banking services, such as trust, cash management, etc. to present and potential customers. Provide solutions using knowledge of all products and business partners. Cultivate referral sources and generates new business by identifying and building rapport with potential customers.
What you will do:
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of business clients, bringing in new relationships, and expanding current / existing portfolio. Risk management is a significant part of the portfolio management.
- Develops prospects from self sourced leads and may include existing customers, referral leads, bank partners and other sources
- Manages the portfolio from a balanced perspective on sales, efficiency and risk.
- Contacts prospective customers to present information on banking services such as deposit accounts, lending, cash management and investment services.
- Determines prospects/customers’ financial needs, and present solutions to sell bank services. Is responsible for timely and adequate preparation of annual reviews and recommendation to the appropriate decision making bodies within the bank.
- Frequent contact with customer to ascertain additional financial needs, to ensure service satisfaction and to obtain referrals.
- Prospects and acquires new business and consumer clients in accordance with bank’s profit objectives.
- Performs such functions as outbound prospecting calls, conducting prospect/customer interviews, facilitating credit requests from application to boarding, opening depository accounts, referring prospects to other business units and cross-selling other bank services.
- Evaluates customer’s needs, assesses customer’s eligibility and suitability for certain products and negotiates acceptable product solutions utilizing product specialists as needed.
- Active involvement in local civic and nonprofit organizations to promote goodwill, bank’s commitment to the communities it serves and to support bank’s CRA objectives.
- Contacts customers and businesses, community and civic organizations to promote goodwill and generate new business.
- Attends sales and trade meetings to develop new business prospects.
- Manages a portfolio of 90+ business banking customers.
- Ensures small business loans are structured in a manner that meet customer needs; ensures credit quality; and minimizes credit risk.
- Position supports at least 2 or more Retail Branch offices.
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, or High School Diploma with minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in small business lending.
- Must be able to structure and underwrite loans; make solid credit decisions; and manage credit risk.
- Must demonstrate understanding of all Retail Branch Sales products, policies, disclosures, and procedures. Builds an environment that fosters teamwork and enhances task accomplishment through positive and supportive cooperation. Places goals of company foremost when interacting with others at all levels. Expresses ideas clearly in writing and verbally. Makes clear, concise presentations and demonstrates effective listening skills. Conveys necessary ideas and information to others.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of bank services and trained in referring customers to the appropriate department for handling customer’s specialized needs such as mortgage, all credit requests in excess of Business Banking thresholds, and cash management services. Must be able to manage daily activities in accordance with achieving assigned annual goals
- Must possess the ability to train and mentor others effectively. Effective use of consultative selling to acquire and manage new banking relationships.
- Proficient with MS Office, Intranet, Outlook
- Must be able to travel to designated territory
- Knowledge of the FiServ software
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Able to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines and reporting requirements.
- Demonstrate teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of cooperation with others and responsive to the Bank’s needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
- High level of accuracy and great attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to make and support sound decisions.
- Consistently demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgment.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive customer or employee information.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Able to comprehend and interpret Bank policies and procedures