Director of Commercial Credit Administration – 1213855
Greater Nevada Credit Union
Position Title: Director of Commercial Credit
Group: Chief Lending Officer
Area: Consumer Lending
Department : Commercial Credit Administration
Reports to: Vice President Lending
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: In Office
Approval Date: TBD
Position Summary: The Director of Commercial Credit is responsible for managing and directing the day-to-day operations that support commercial loan production, portfolio monitoring, and loss mitigation. This role devises and effectively implements commercial administration processes and strategies for the organization.
Position Specific Requirements include the following essential functions as well as other duties as assigned:
1. Maintain and review Commercial Loan files for quality assurance to ensure loans are appropriately onboarded and reporting correctly.
2. Provide ongoing evaluations of Commercial Loans in the portfolio and make recommendations for setting risk ratings.
3. Perform Commercial Loan and portfolio level stress testing of financial results, collateral, and credit variables and makes recommendations for policy, procedure, or portfolio management modifications.
4. Evaluate the timeliness and quality of deliverables such as loan renewals, annual reviews, covenant compliance, quarterly watch list reviews, modification write-ups, delinquency reports, and collection efforts.
5. Comprehend and remain abreast of credit union regulatory requirements pertaining to Commercial Lending, those of guaranteeing agencies and the associated internal policies.
6. Participate as a non-voting member of the Commercial Lending Portfolio Review Committee, responsible for providing information and recommendations.
1. Financial acumen
2. Communicates effectively
3. Directs work
4. Strategic agility
5. Decision Quality
6. Inquisitive and adept analytically
C.A.R.E. Element Requirements
As a Greater Nevada employee you are expected to promote the products, services and image of Greater Nevada on a continuing basis to personnel, members, volunteers, business partners and the community at-large by demonstrating the employee’s elements of Greater Nevada’s C.A.R.E. culture that are Competence, Attitude, Relationship Building, and Effectiveness through appropriate words and actions.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required of you in order to perform this job successfully.
1. Work independently to organize and prioritize tasks, manage time to meet deadlines, analyze requests, understand issues, and develop appropriate solutions.
2. Possess strategic thinking and decision-making ability on an organizational level.
3. Ability to develop business cases that inform, persuade, and inspire action.
4. Possess the ability to accurately perform basic arithmetic operations and calculations as appropriate for your position.
5. Communicate clearly and concisely via an appropriate level of verbal, written, and presentation skills. Also possess the ability to read, comprehend and explain applicable documentation.
6. Maintain an understanding of statutory and regulatory issues affecting the organization with increased emphasis on those impacting your assigned areas of responsibility.
7. Ability to maintain up to date information related to the development and implementation of procedures and operational guidelines.
8. Display a consistently positive demeanor towards members, prospective members, business partners, the general public, your direct reports and other Greater Nevada businesses and departments.
9. Actively support a positive culture as well as demonstrate the Passion and Core Values of Greater Nevada via personal actions and business decisions made.
10. Adhere to and display positive support for company policies and procedures.
11. Promote the delivery of quality service to support functions within Greater Nevada and to members with whom business is directly conducted.
12. Maintain appropriate levels of confidentiality by exercising sensitivity toward issues associated with levels of the company.
13. Actively support the vision of the Board of Directors and President/CEO by working cooperatively and cohesively on strategic and operational matters with the executive management team, other members of senior management and others within the organization.
14. Provide leadership to areas of responsibility that clearly demonstrates alignment with and support of Greater Nevada culture and Core Values.
15. Develop and encourage teamwork among all levels of staff to produce high degree of employee engagement throughout Greater Nevada.
16. Establish and develop external relationships designed to meet the strategic needs of the organization relative to assigned areas.
17. Cultivate appropriate relationships with members, business partners, regulators, legislators, other policy makers, the media, and the general public to advocate on behalf of matters of importance to the company and industry.
18. Lead and inspire employees to participate in Community Service, and strive to hire individuals who value helping others Live Greater.
19. Cultivate appropriate relationships outside of the organization through active involvement in community service opportunities.
20. Cultivate and foster a team-oriented environment among direct reports.
21. Demonstrate Greater Nevada’s Passion of “Helping More People Live Greater” through actions and business decisions involving members, employees, business and community partners.
22. Demonstrate a high level of reasoning and analytical skills.
23. Actively participate in the development, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and adjustment of the strategic business plan for Greater Nevada. Communicate and motivate staff to contribute to the successful achievement of the strategic business plan and scorecard goals.
24. Provide leadership to assigned areas to ensure the strategic and internal control objectives of Greater Nevada are consistently met.
25. Exercise sound decision-making judgment.
26. Manage and direct the work of the employees within assigned area of responsibility, including:
- Interviewing and hiring
- Training and development
- Recognition for positive outcomes
- Coaching and counseling
- Addressing their concerns and resolving challenges in a timely manner
- Evaluating their performance on a regular basis
27. Demonstrate knowledge of the job functions required for the departments for which you have oversight.
28. Exercise initiative and provide constructive input regarding the development of new, or the improvement of, existing policies and processes.
29. Demonstrate the ability to manage in accordance with established budgets, and to contribute to the formation of those budgets.
30. Complete assigned duties and/or projects on schedule.
31. Carryout your responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, as well as Greater Nevada’s internal policies and procedures.
32. Assure the safety and security of employees and members by identifying and communicating opportunities for improvement.
While performing the duties of your job, you may regularly be required to sit and use a keyboard (including repetitive motions with hands, fingers, arms, etc.). You may also frequently be required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, bend, and kneel.
You may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
You must be willing and able to travel to locales other than the normal location for the position, including overnight trips as appropriate for your job responsibilities.
YOUR NAME (PRINT):__________________________________________