Commercial Credit Analyst – 1213948
Sr. Credit Analyst
Purpose of Position:
Assists the Bank’s Relationship Managers/Bankers in review of complex professional and executive, commercial business and commercial real estate credits/relationships through independent commercial credit analysis and preparing written presentation (credit memorandum, credit requests and /or completion of annual reviews) for credit approvals.
Analyze and underwrite commercial credit requests with little supervision. Conducts credit investigations, spreads financial statements, and analyzes routine credit information pertaining to loans; assists in the preparation of credit information for presentation to loan officers or committees; furnishes information in relation to credit inquiries; provides assistance to loan officers as requested.
- Completes the required assignments as defined in the Banker Development Program [BDP]–Phase II.
- Analyzes pertinent credit and industry information collected from the various credit reporting agencies, other companies, main office files, branch personnel, RMA and the internet.
- Spreads and analyzes financial reports including but not limited to year-end financial statements, interim financial statements, accounts receivable and accounts payable agings, etc. from the loan officers, borrowers, or borrowers’ accountants.
- Determines the need for more thorough investigation or additional information.
- Participates in discussions with and/or calls to existing customers or potential customers.
- Prepares written detailed analyses, presents facts and offers opinions concerning credit-worthiness of borrowers.
- Provides credit information and references for customers, loan officers, or other agencies as requested by:
- Ensuring that all credit files are kept current with latest financial statement, agency reports, etc.
- Contacting all available sources of information.
- Assembling all pertinent information and reports.
- Keeps abreast of current trends within the industry by maintaining peer relationships, attending seminars, workshops and reading industry periodicals.
- Under supervision compiles the minutes of the Officers’ and Directors’ Loan Committee Meetings.
- Attends and participates in various committee meetings.
- Assists with collateral inspections.
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 12 months of commercial credit analysis experience and reasoning skills in a financial institution.
- Prepare written presentations (credit memorandum, credit requests and /or completion of annual reviews) with supporting analytical reports.
- Above average interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated to work in an on-the-job training environment.
- 2-3 years of strong commercial credit analysis experience in a financial institution is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree which includes 9 hours of Accounting, 12 hours of Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred.
- Above average, 3.0 or better GPA preferred.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills; Word and Excel or other spreadsheet experience necessary.
- Prior use of financial analysis software.