Portfolio Manager – 1214467
Los Angeles, CA
As a premier California-focused financial services company dedicated to serving its communities, families, and businesses (small, mid-sized and large), we have been active for 70 years and has more than 80 full-service branch offices across the state. This dedication has helped the bank earn recognition as a perennial powerhouse in yearly voting for “Best Bank” and “Best Commercial Bank” from the readers of San Diego Union-Tribune and Orange County Register. Additionally, the bank has collected multiple Greenwich Excellence Awards for “Overall Client Satisfaction” in Small Business & Middle Market Excellence Awards.
We are looking for a seasoned Portfolio Manager in Los Angeles, CA. This role focuses on underwriting various lending opportunities that are solicited by the relationship bankers specializing in complex commercial loans, manages the risks of existing loan portfolio, and participates in the development of overall commercial loan objectives, policies and practices.
The ideal candidate will have the experience necessary to:
- Responsible for managing and servicing a portfolio of existing loan relationships.
- Responsible for building borrower relationships resulting in excellent customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for ensuring financial statements are spread and analyzed, addressing industry risks, monitoring collateral requirements, leading the underwriting process that includes loan structuring and pricing, credit analysis, monitoring credit performance, securing credit approval, negotiating loan documentation and managing loan closing.
- Handles reporting on loans such as past dues, documentation and collateral exceptions, financial performance updates, portfolio profitability, risk grades, etc.
- Keeps informed of financial and market trends in the portfolio and analyzes those trends for the effect they will have on the portfolio.
- Assists relationship bankers with new and existing loan requests and other special projects.
- Senior level may manage Analysts and Loan Specialists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or other related field and minimal 2+ years of commercial banking, relationship management, underwriting and credit experience or other directly finance related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
- Knowledge of various types of loans, credit analysis, spreading and analyzing financial statements, risk analysis, credit scoring, loan documentation, etc.
- Knowledge of banking products, services, policies, procedures and regulations.
- Solid credit skills in underwriting, financial modeling, valuations and adherence to policy.
- Requires solid customer service, relationship, organizational, analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Must have solid communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of various software applications including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Medical & Dental Insurance & Vacation & Profit Sharing – START DAY ONE!
- 401(k) plan, competitive compensation in line with work experience.
- Most roles eligible for sales bonuses + monthly incentives and/or annual discretionary bonus, some roles include mileage + travel time pay, and/or parking waivers (must meet eligibility requirements
- Paid Training, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, and promotional opportunities offered from within
- Tuition Reimbursement for qualifying employees
- Stable Employer, we are a division of Zions Bancorporation and included in the S&P 500 & NASDAQ Financial 100 indices.
This position requires Federal Registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS), in accordance with the SAFE Act.
California-Los Angeles-LA – Hope Street