Director of Strategic Planning – 1215957
Director Strategic Planning
This Credit Union is growing and looking to bring on board a Director of Strategic Planning. This is an exciting new role to innovate with our team as we continue to expand and transform. This new employee will be responsible for leading the development and execution of strategic programs and initiatives organization-wide and across departments with close attention to cost-benefit analysis and forecasting. The ideal candidate will be able to provide project management training and coaching to their direct team, and executive coaching where needed, influencing thought development and new initiatives. The Director of Strategic Planning leverages a deep functional and operational knowledge of designing and implementing people programs, projects, initiatives, and services. They provide leadership for the evaluation of continuous improvement programs benefitting the credit union and have experience leading business process improvement initiatives. This leader will be responsible for the overall implementation of the Strategic Plan across departments and will be involved with direct reporting to our C-level team and Board of Directors.
Typical Job Duties:
- Cultivate and guide the Project Management team to perform and deliver timely and accurately to meet deadlines & key initiatives
- Ongoing coaching and development of the Project Management team
- Lead change-management initiatives across business units with close attention to both the big picture and smaller details, building trust with formal and informal stakeholders
- Develop in-depth business analysis to identify key trends in revenues, costs, margins, pricing, and profitability across the business units
- 4-year degree in Finance, Business, Leadership, or related field
- 5+ years managing technical subject matter experts through strategic planning initiatives
- PMP or other business process optimization certification (such as PgMP, Scrum, Waterfall, Agile, Lean Six Sigma) required within first 18 months of hire
- Previous Financial Institution experience required.
- Graduate degree
- Preferred course work including Project Management, Leadership, Management and Business fundamentals, and familiarity with thought leaders therein. Examples include Susan Page (The Power of Business Process Improvement), John P. Kotter (Leading Change), Patrick Lencioni (5 Dysfunctions of a Team, Death by Meeting), John C. Maxwell (21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership), Brené Brown (Dare to Lead), L. David Marquet (Turn the Ship Around), The Arbinger Institute (Leadership and Self-Deception)
- PMI-RMP, PgMP certifications preferred, ongoing education is encouraged
- Previous change management experience
- Previous experience working with executive leaders, c-suite executives and/or overseeing board
- Microsoft Project (MS Project) or other project planning tool or project management software such as Jira, Asana, or Adobe Workforce
Reports to: Vice President of Program Management
Employment type: Full-time, salaried
Job Functions: Project Management, Business Process Improvement, Change Management, Strategic Planning
This role may be right for you if you are an innovative leader with a keen understanding of business analytics and financial forecasting. You frequently describe yourself as someone who thinks critically and analytically and has a strong stakeholder orientation. Your previous employers praise your conflict management and resolutions experience, change management skills and strong interpersonal communication. Your colleagues and friends would describe you as a goal driven person, and you get excited about producing results both for yourself and others! People matter to you- and your family, friends and coworkers value your relationship and rely on you for big picture advice that doesn’t neglect people needs.