Commercial Underwritier – 1222329
POSITION TITLE: Commercial Underwriter III
- Analyzes commercial loan applications received by Relationship Managers to determine eligibility of request. Provides prompt turnaround time upon request. Confers with Relationship Managers to determine client needs and discuss options for borrowers. Requests any additional information needed to complete processing and periodically attends client meetings to provide credit expertise. Approves or declines commercial loan requests within assigned limits. Recommends credit approval requirements including the establishment of financial performance covenants, monitoring requirements, and other loan provisions and ensures accurate grading of new and existing credits based on analysis.
- Coordinates the credit approval process, evaluates repayment, and mitigates risk.
- Analyzes key factors such as industry, management, and economic trends.
- Provides assistance and exceptional sales support to all sales staff in answering questions relating to commercial loans.
- Assures the customer loan request is processed accurately and timely. Coordinates with appraisal department and escrow companies for secured loan products.
- Orders business credit reports and personal credit reports on business principals.
- Coordinates compliance, decline letter preparation and maintenance of adverse action database.
- Maintains a log of maturing lines and coordinates renewal process to ensure that necessary information is received prior to line maturity.
- Monitors past due loans for assigned portfolio(s) and recommends action to sales staff or contacts customers directly, as appropriate. Maintains a log of pending action or resolution for past due loans.
- Assists Relationship Managers as needed in the preparation of Interim Credit Reports and Real Estate Update Memos.