Senior Relationship Manager – 1222406
San Diego, CA
- Committed to making a difference in every interaction, every day
- Relationship driven with customers and staff members
- Demonstrated trustworthiness and integrity
- Hold yourself to a higher standard and demand excellence
- Be responsive and willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done
The Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for creating, developing, and managing a portfolio of commercial relationships within a specified region within the Bank’s footprint. The incumbent in this position provides expert level advice to customers on opportunities to utilize the Bank’s deposit, loan products, and treasury management services. The role is responsible for business development through a network of COI’s and/or direct solicitation of CRE and C&I financing needs. The incumbent will be able to work independently and will meet or exceed the goals of the job with minimal oversight and/or direction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advanced credit analysis and underwriting with focus on more complex Commercial Loans and Real Estate Loans (including Construction and Participations).
- Assists in establishing business relationships with real estate, commercial and/or agricultural clients; providing lending and product expertise to their financial service needs while ensuring loan quality and providing growth for the bank.
- Responsible for ensuring credit facilities are in accordance with established policies and which result in maximum volume and profit for the bank. Also assists in developing and growing major customer relationships.
- Maintains and seeks knowledge of bank products and services, operational systems/processes, industry trends.
- Analyze and underwrite more complex business, and real estate loans for new and existing relationships thereby allowing for the extension of credit within our lending limits or presenting recommendations to Loan Committee.
- Assist senior lending officers in identifying client needs, analyzing credit information, ensuring credit quality and timely provision of financial services that meet the needs of our customers.
- Recommends to senior lending officers, banking products and services for present and potential customers.
- Participates in the bank’s credit process, providing credit analysis, preparing credit memorandums and at times, assisting with the management of our loan portfolio to ensure resolution of emerging problems and consistent credit quality.
- Provides referrals to other Ramona National Bank bankers; makes appointments as necessary.
- Listens to customer and staff inquires, requests and problems, resolves issues in a timely manner in accordance with expectations.
- Tracks repetitive credit analysis and underwriting issues and shares with appropriate staff and senior credit management. Goal is to minimize problems and create and maintain efficient processes that can be improved, making more time for production efficiencies consistent with credit quality and profitability.
- Maintains confidentiality for complex and sensitive issues.
- Adheres to loan policies, procedures, and underwriting guidelines, also Risk Rating System Requirements.
- Assist to assure loan documentation is in compliance with requirements as applicable.
- Effectively prepares and presents credit memoranda.
- Effectively analyzes and assesses financial information.
- Assist in ensuring appropriate pricing and profitability of loans.
- Ensures adequacy of financial information and spreads applicable financials on banks chosen format.
- Develop, review and assess appropriate ratios, trends and other pertinent financial data related to the loan request.
- Credit write-ups to be “complete” in terms of financial analysis, industry analysis and guarantor analysis. The credit memorandum should be able to be understood by individuals having no prior knowledge of the borrowing entity.
- Completes applicable reports in a timely and accurate manner.
- Effectively assist other staff in managing delinquencies and loan losses as requested.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency to include use of Microsoft Office products and other programs as required.
- Technical knowledge of the software used to spread financial information such as Cash, Fast, Basis, or other similar packages.
- Ability to handle detail oriented transactions.
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Dedication to teamwork and enjoys working closely with others.
- Good customer service skills, the ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
Education/ Licenses/ Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or Finance.
- Three to five years’ experience in commercial banking/lending, underwriting, and credit analysis
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, and telephone. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled