Commercial Credit Analyst – 1238039
Job Title: Credit Analyst
Reports to: Senior Credit Analyst
Completes the business and consumer loan underwriting process within the bank’s scope of operations, market, and policy, conducts an accurate analysis on relevant financial and non-financial data to develop a credit recommendation to credit administration, and contributes to the bank’s profitability level through early detection of risk rating migration and through volume generation and efficiency management on all credit requests.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Analyzes applications and supporting credit information to determine whether loans are an acceptable risk within accepted lending practices and current Bank Policies.
· Spreads, analyzes, and discusses the borrower’s financial statements and tax return along with any other pertinent information within the credit presentation.
· Knows and understands the bank’s credit policies and procedures and how to structure credit requests to minimize loss to the bank.
· Performs credit investigations on borrowers and guarantors in support of due diligence such as credit reports and deposit verifications.
· Knows and understands the bank’s risk rating policy and applies to all new and existing credit facilities.
· Recommends migration of risk rating to credit administration.
· Interprets appraisal and evaluation reports.
· Maintains knowledge of the federal regulations in place and remains in compliance with the law to protect financial institutions and borrowers.
· Interprets environmental site reports and maintains knowledge of the federal regulations for proper evaluation and compliance of real estate loans.
· Negotiates change to an approved request and presents to approving authority.
· Knows and understands how to apply federal regulations to a consumer or commercial credit request or extension such as regulations B and Z, HMDA, and fair lending.
· Executes timely completion of the delegated tasks including credit authorizations, extensions, spreading financial statements, covenant compliance, and updating WIP along with any other periodic duty that may be assigned.
· Reports updates to the work-in-process report in a timely manner.
· Maintains professional and respectful relationships in any dealings with customers and helps to resolve any complaints and issues.
· Maintains a good working relationship with fellow members of the Credit Analyst Team and cultivates and develops internal relationships with sales counterparts to help grow volume.
Other Job Responsibilities
· Modifies internal form to update or streamline processes.
· Tracks forms as needed for reporting.
· Responsible for periodic site visits to inspect property.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
· Exercises good judgment on all credit recommendations.
· Time management and organizational skills
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Required Education and Experience
· 1 to 3 years of bank credit analyst experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
· BA degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Normal business office environment.
· Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of time.
· Noise level is usually moderate.
· Occasional (10%-20%) local, non-overnight travel.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.