Treasury Analyst – 1277832
This position may be located at any of the offices within First Interstate Bank’s fourteen state footprint, including Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Washington and Wyoming.
What’s Important to You
We know your career is just one aspect of a meaningful, complex, and demanding life. That’s why we designed our compensation and benefits package to provide employees and their families with as much choice as possible.
- Accrue and use your paid time off (PTO) immediately – no waiting period – plus paid federal holidays in addition to PTO.
- To assist employees in paying down student loan debt, we will make monthly payments of $100 directly to eligible loan service providers on behalf of our employees until the loan is paid off.
- Our retirement plan is one of the best in the region, including a 6% employer match on your 401(k). Employees (including temporary) scheduled to work 20 or more hours per week are automatically enrolled day one.
We encourage you to apply. Reach for what you want, and tell us why your work ethic and willingness to learn make you a natural fit for #TeamFirstInterstate.
The Senior Treasury Analyst is responsible for supporting Treasury’s multifaceted operations encompassing Interest Rate Risk (IRR) and Liquidity Risk, in order to understand, identify and quantify risks that impact the Bank’s activities and exposure. The Senior Treasury Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development and reporting responsibilities which relate to the model utilized for structural Asset Liability Management. The position will also be responsible for the drafting of operating procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Accounting, Financial Controls and Financial Reporting
- Supports preparation of fiscal records and financial plans, policies, and reports.
- Strategic, Financial and Operational Planning
- Support the Treasury Analytics Manager in the development and use of the Asset Liability Management (ALM) model for production of Interest Rate Risk (IRR) results.
- Run and maintain various third-party and proprietary financial models, including the ALM model.
- Assist in the maintenance of model assumption documentation, policies and procedures, and production of Bank’s Board presentation package of IRR.
- Conduct analysis and aid in determining various input assumptions for the ALM model such as non-maturity deposit betas, asset prepayments and deposit decay rates.
- Integrate fixed income knowledge with pro-forma models that demonstrate the impact of balance sheet strategies on the Company’s interest rate risk profile.
- Work in alignment with FP&A in preparation of the annual operating budget, business case development and ongoing financial forecasting.
- Risk Management
- Assist with developing ALM strategies, including assessing interest rate risk under varying scenarios/assumptions and the implications of duration and extension risk within the balance sheet.
- Assist with monitoring liquidity risk, including working with the Treasury Team to recommend appropriate actions.
- Assist with Liquidity stress testing.
- Assist with IRR back-testing and variance analysis, reconciling actual and forecasted results.
- Assist in Treasury’s role in the Dodd Frank Act Stress Test (DFAST) process in order to identify and quantify risks that impact the Bank’s activities and exposure.
- Assist in coordination and support of external validation of the ALM, Liquidity and Capital models.
- Assist in the management aspects of risk through adherence to key SOX controls, accounting, audit, planning and treasury functions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics; and 5+ years of Treasury, ALM, credit research, portfolio analysis and banking experience required. Strong analytical skills; Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to work in a face-paced environment, with strong competency on prioritization and task management; High proficiency in basic PC applications (Microsoft Word / Excel/ PowerPoint); Ability to build and maintain relationships; Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distributions, determinations of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Understanding of systems and tools. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Ability to provide financial insight and decision support by working on projects of diverse scope and through extraction of reporting and analytical value from all interconnected strategic systems. Be able to easily translate and communicate complex business information in an easy to understand format for non-finance/accounting end users.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally stand, walk stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary and benefits. The pay range for this position is $105,280 to $173,711 per year (in CO & WA), and depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills and experience, education, and geographic location. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and Paid Time Off, including Federal holidays. For more information regarding out benefits, please visit https://www.firstinterstatebank.com/company/about/employee-benefits.php.