Commercial Banker – 1281539
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
The Bank provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.”
We rely on experienced commercial banking professionals to positively impact economic development in our communities and to reach our growth objectives. The Commercial Banker’s primary role will be to develop, grow, and manage commercial business relationships in the assigned region and/or vertical, including offering bank products such as deposit products and treasury management services to support a relationship-based approach. This important position involves both the comprehensive management of existing customer relationships, as well as the solicitation of new business opportunities through targeted prospects. In addition to excellent client service, successful Commercial Bankers have the ability to critically review, analyze, structure, risk rate, negotiate, and document new loans and develop full relationship plans to attract new business to the Bank.
· Grows a self-sourced portfolio of commercial loans. Minimum annual targets will vary based on the banker’s specialty (e.g. 1-to-4, CRE, C&I or general) with minimum targets for Commercial Bankers generally ranging from $12MM to $20MM. In addition to growth, Commercial Bankers are responsible for maintaining an existing portfolio and may facilitate loans originated by more senior Commercial Bankers. Responsible for ensuring that clients’ entire banking relationship needs are met by making introductions to our experts in private banking, treasury management, deposit products and other applicable bank products.
· Serves as the primary relationship manager for clients within portfolio with the goals of excellent client service and growth of the portfolio. Manages portfolio to sound credit quality, overall portfolio return, client retention, and relationship banking.
· Solicits, analyzes, structures, risk rates, presents for approval, negotiates, and coordinates the documentation of commercial loan requests with assistance from support colleagues and the credit department.
· Manages pipeline reporting and calling program using Salesforce.
· May mentor less experienced commercial banking associates such as loan processors, commercial banking administrators, and/or associate portfolio managers.
· Understands, embodies, communicates and instills corporate initiatives and vision, including the Company’s core Pillar Values and ensures an inclusive workplace.
· Other ad hoc duties as assigned.
· Regular attendance is required, working at the worksite or at outside sales activities during regular business hours and/or assigned hours.