Loan and Business Development Officer
As a Loan and Business Development Officer, your primary role will be growing and retaining profitable relationships by providing mutually beneficial solutions to the Bank and its clients and prospects. As a representative of the Bank, this individual will also be expected to attend civic and community events to promote FSB and your local branch.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists potential borrowers with completion of initial loan applications; reviews submitted applications for accuracy and completion, requesting additional information or detail as needed
· Verifies information and financial history provided; acquires borrowers’ credit reports from major credit reporting bureau(s)
· Submits application to credit analysts or, when appropriate, examines application and creditworthiness of potential borrower; determines or makes recommendations regarding approval or denial/modification of requested loan
· Approves or, when outside pre-approved lending limits, refers loans to management for analysis and approval
· Ensures loan agreements are completed according to policy; calculates and explains payment schedules
· Explains different lending and credit options and cross-sell bank products to potential and current clients
· Maintains credit and lending records and files
· Maintains a robust referral network in the local banking community with builders, real estate agents, and other related businesses.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and sales skills.
· Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software program.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university preferred
· 3+ years with education or 7+ years with requisite experience
· Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to travel at times.