Commercial Banking Representative – 1292594
Commercial Banking Representative II
Location: Boulder, CO
This position is located at our Boulder 9th St. branch.
What’s Important to You
We know your career is just one aspect of a meaningful, complex, and demanding life. That’s why we designed our compensation and benefits package to provide employees and their families with as much choice as possible.
- Accrue and use your paid time off (PTO) immediately – no waiting period – plus paid federal holidays in addition to PTO.
- Through our Child Care Assistance Program, the bank will contribute up to $1,500 per eligible dependent, with a max of $4,500 annually.
- We prioritize wellness by offering eligible employees $25 per month, or $300 per year, toward a fitness club membership or exercise-related classes.
- The health and happiness of the places we call home matter to us. Learn a little more about what we do for the communities we serve, and why we want YOU to be a part of it.
We encourage you to apply. Reach for what you want, and tell us why your work ethic and willingness to learn make you a natural fit for our team.
This position functions as the primary daily contact between commercial banking clients and the Bank, and assists Commercial Relationship Managers with servicing the client, for large and complex loan portfolios. This role is responsible for maintaining and expanding the relationship with clients by providing overall client support services. Works proactively to maximize client satisfaction and encourage expansion of the relationship. Develops working knowledge of assigned area and accounts through frequent client contact and execution of standard procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: other duties may be assigned.
- Handles day-to-day client calls, client transactions, and client problem resolution. Responds to client account inquiries, performs account maintenance and researches/resolves client problems.
- Executes client transactions within delegated authority or applicable department guidelines, escalating to the assigned Relationship Manager (RM) any requests outside specified norms or items requiring Relationship Manager signature or approval.
- Transactions may include transfers, withdrawals, distributions, payments, fee waivers/fee refunds, client overdrafts, monitoring reports, and other loan and account operations requested by clients.
- With limited direction, assists in obtaining necessary information to submit loan applications, such as financial statements, tax returns and business documentation. May also work with outside vendors, such as attorneys or title companies.
- Runs daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. Reviews reports for accuracy and compliance and takes action to update systems or make other corrections.
- May assist with development and maintenance of procedures and training materials.
- With minimal direction, supports Commercial Relationship Manager with complex client relationship reviews and portfolio management.
- May reconcile client accounts, enter client financial data into databases, and monitor exceptions to company policies.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent and three plus (3+) years’ banking experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced understanding of credit products, bank systems and commercial lending. Exhibits a sophisticated understanding of applicable federal regulations, credit policy and bank policies and procedures.
OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast paced, production environment and have strong organizational skills, time management skills and strong attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication and problem solving a must. Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk & use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary and benefits. The pay range for this position is $24.17 to $34.53 per hour in CO and depends on a variety of non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, job-related knowledge, skills and experience, education, and geographic location. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and Paid Time Off, including Federal holidays.