Commercial Credit Analyst
West Des Moines, IA
Under moderate supervision, but according to established policies and procedures, assist loan officers with loan analysis. Develop and analyze all types of credit information pertaining to diversified types of loans including financial spreadsheets, trend analysis and written loan overviews.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money.
- Request and obtain loan request information and documentation from commercial lenders and lending assistants.
- Analyze and interpret loan related documentation, data, and ratios on new, renewal, and existing loans, including data provided by clients, credit bureaus, the Federal government, and other third-parties.
- Prepare spreadsheets, reports, and summaries to present opinions and analysis to senior lenders and bank management.
- Inform management of any credit deterioration risk or ethical issues.
- Complete loan applications, including credit analyses and summaries of loan requests, and submit to Financial Risk Manager for review and approval.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and team player attitude.
- Internally driven to succeed with the ability to work independently while maintaining a team mentality.
- Excellent financial analytical skills with sound judgment and decision making abilities.
- Strong communication skills to effectively convey information with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Ability to adapt to technology changes and apply new knowledge to responsibilities.
- Strong ability to take on and manage requests to maintain a consistent work flow, work well under pressure, multi-task exceptionally, produce quality work within a narrow window of time, and learn and adapt to varied and added responsibilities.
Certifications/Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration required.
- 1 year of previous banking credit analysis experience required.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Expert level knowledge in Microsoft Excel, proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Busy environment with varied noise and at times of heavy distraction
- Indoor, in an office environment, with a typical 40-hour workweek
- High levels of noise produced by bank equipment.
· Considerable effort and eyestrain from continuous computer use.
- Occasionally move office equipment, and files weighing 10+ pounds
- Constantly operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to produce reports, memos, etc. in a comprehensive manner.
- This position frequently communicates with colleagues, and officers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
· Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time to process work and assist customers.