Commercial Loan Officer
Oregon City, OR
Commercial Loan Officer – Oregon City, OR
Bank proudly provides comprehensive banking services to businesses and individuals in 13 Willamette Valley communities, from our 15 branch locations. With our primary focus on small to medium size businesses, agriculture, and professionals, we provide customizable loan services as well as a full suite of business banking products. At Bank, we believe that our success is directly linked to the overall health of the region we serve. Since 1957, we have committed ourselves to improving the communities in which we live, work, and play. We honor that commitment daily by providing a full range of banking services with a personal, hometown touch; by supporting the continued prosperity of local businesses; and by emphasizing honesty, integrity, and fairness in our relationships with customers, co-workers, and neighbors.
Bank is proud to offer competitive wages as well as benefits that promote employee health and wellbeing. The benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with a 200% Employer Match
- Up to 6 weeks of Paid Time Off
- 14 weeks Paid Family Leave – fully funded by the Bank and 100% wage payment during leave
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Bank provided Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Banking Privileges
Position: Commercial Loan Officer
Commercial Loan Officers provide a full range of commercial banking services, including developing new business and client relationships; producing a variety of commercial loans; generating and managing a portfolio of business and corresponding relationships; as well as coordinating the delivery of bank products and services to clientele while serving as a trusted advisor. This position will also have responsibility for underwriting, structuring, and closing commercial loans that meet established lending requirements and maximizes profitability to the Bank with minimal risk.
In addition, as an Officer of the Bank you’ll have some responsibility for staffing oversight, branch approvals, and limited operation duties on an as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and service a sound loan portfolio by cultivating new and expanding existing business by building solid, profitable relationships with clients/prospects characterized by mutual respect, understanding and trust.
- Proactively leverage ideas, insights, and relationships to generate new and incremental loan and deposit business; utilizes existing client/prospects and network of referral sources as means of improving client acquisition and retention.
- Evaluate the overall resources and capabilities of the client/prospect’s business, considering current industry dynamic, financial and operational strategy, economic conditions and market trends.
- Analyze client/prospect needs, and recommends appropriate solutions that match those needs, consistent with the Bank’s credit culture, and maximizes profitability and shareholder value.
- Analyze and screen loan requests. Negotiate terms/conditions, structure loan financing based on risk considerations consistent with Bank policy and guidelines; approve loans within assigned lending limits; and/or prepare/ present credits outside lending limits for approval to appropriate levels of authority, as required.
- Foster and maintain cohesive partnerships and working relationships with all departments within the Bank to build a trusted and productive environment.
- Effectively evaluate and manage each client relationship and transaction for financial and credit risk and potential loss to the Bank, ensuring adequate safeguards and monitoring of accounts. Ensures collateral, routinely reviews cash-flow, and ensures standards and loan terms are met on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure timely and thorough monitoring of all credits through periodic reviews, continued analysis, proper credit quality grading, and proper documentation. Maintains ongoing contact with client to be kept current on significant changes in financial condition or operations. Remedy loan deficiencies where appropriate, including loans out of compliance with borrower’s loan agreement, or out of formula with borrowing base.
- Prepare and present all required and requested loan reports in a timely manner.
- Monitor the performance of the borrower over the life of the loan. Able to recognize developing problems and bringing them to the attention of management. For troubled credits, assist in developing a strategy to return the credit to a pass rating or exit strategy.
- Comply with government regulations by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of commercial law, UCC, and banking regulations/policy to assure conformity with required laws and terms.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive products, practices, rates and changes in the local market.
- Represent the Bank in the local community through proactive participation in community, charitable, business and social activities to allow for maximum client and customer contact.
- High School Diploma or equivalent – required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Marketing or relevant discipline – preferred. Equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver exceptional customer service and maintain client relationships, both internally and externally.
- Customer-centric mindset, with the ability to translate customer issues/needs into profitable business solutions.
- Networking and relationship building skills, with demonstrated expertise and success in business development and sales processes and strategies.
- Effective listening, verbal, written, and telephone etiquette business communication skills, including effective questioning strategies and presentation skills; ability to read, write, speak and understand English well.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills, with demonstrated ability to quickly focus on key issues, make decisions under pressure of time constraints and translate business development challenges into opportunities.
- Ability to identify recurring and non-recurring sources of cash flow and guarantors’ ability to service debt.
- Business and financial analysis and modeling skills, with understanding of financial accounting, income statements, balance sheets, etc., requiring the ability to gather, analyze and prepare reports.
- Working knowledge of lending practices, policies, procedures, disclosures and terminology related to banking laws, regulatory requirements and legal documents.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management and follow up skills, demonstrating a strong sense of urgency and ability to execute quickly, timely and efficiently.
- An ability to analyze and synthesize information accurately and effectively, multi-task and decide key priorities with confidence, motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, and sound business judgment.
- Understanding of the Bank’s credit underwriting policies and approval process for assigned loans.
- Ability to handle and deal with sensitive and confidential matters in an efficient manner.
- Proficient PC experience using MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and retrieval of data; working knowledge of automated financial systems, with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly.