Chief Internal Auditor – 1303622
College Station, TX
CHIEF INTERNAL AUDITOR SUMMARY
To support the Directors’ Audit Committee in carrying out the annual internal program and the Chief Risk Officer in carrying out the responsibilities of the Risk Management Division.
Conducts independent audits of financial records and control procedures to ensure the Bank is in compliance with internal control requirements and applicable laws and regulations.
Supervises the activities of the Bank Security Officer.
Serves in the capacity of Internal Control Officer.
• Maintains a comprehensive internal audit program, which includes periodic audits of all branches and departments of the Bank and insures compliance with all internal controls and established policies and procedures.
• Prepares internal control documentation to meet the requirements of the Bank’s independent public accountants and banking regulators.
• Engage and coordinate in outside consultants used in reviewing the Bank process’s and controls.
• Coordinate and assist in the conduct of the annual independent financial audit through work paper documentation of audit activities. May conduct audit activities under direction of the Bank’s independent public accountant and to satisfy the FDICIA requirements.
• Implement Audit Programs to test and review policies and procedures for the safeguarding of Bank assets.
• Makes recommendations to senior management for control improvements, where applicable, assists developing procedures that meet internal control standards, develops the Bank’s Risk Assessment annually.
• Conducts process improvement reviews of departmental functions and makes recommendation for process improvement, where applicable.
• Develops new or revised internal audit policies, methods and procedures.
• Reviews the Bank’s insurance coverages on a periodic basis to ensure adequate coverage against loss.
• Submits written reports of internal audit reviews to senior management and the Directors’’ Audit Committee, including findings, conclusions and recommended actions.
• Oversee the Bank Security function and work with the Bank Security Officer in the coordination of Branch Security audits and report results to the Directors’ Audit Committee.
• Review recommendation made by the Bank Security Officer to enhance Bank Security procedures and develop appropriate course of action.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration.
• Certified Public Accountant desired but not required.
• Previous accounting/finance experience working in a financial services environment desired but not required.
• Ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with auditees.
• A minimum of 5 years’ prior experience in a financial or auditing environment, or a combination thereof.
• Understanding of process and risk management for banking and auditing.
• Knowledgeable in financial institution operating policies and procedures and banking regulations of both state and federal
• Knowledge and proficiency in accounting principles and techniques.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Possess the ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems independently, quickly and efficiently.
• Skilled in working with financial and numeric data.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products, Excel spreadsheets, etc.
• Ability to be flexible in order to meet deadlines, complete projects, etc