Chief Credit Officer – 1303662
Chief Credit Officer
Under the joint direction of the CEO and the Board of Directors, and reporting to the Chief
Risk Officer, the position is responsible for the review of the organization’s loan policy and
procedures and monitoring of the loan portfolio on a continuing basis in order to prevent loan
losses; assure documentation complies with loan committee approvals, state and/or
federal regulations; assist in the detection of deterioration in loan quality; review and ensure
internal compliance objectives are met.
• Oversee the full range of managerial duties for the Credit Administration loan review,
compliance, collections, and credit analysis functions, including adherence to policies
and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies.
• Works closely with the Special Asset Manager on loan review and special assets
analysis and disposition.
• Responsible for implementing a system of credit analysis and quality assurance for
loans made as required by board directives; assign ratings as needed.
• Co-Decisions credit requests within loan authority and votes on various loan
committees at the direction of the Board of Directors.
• Examine files periodically for assurance of credit and collateral documentation,
regulatory compliance, and loan policy conformance; review technical exceptions and
deficiencies; maintain reports of continued outstanding exceptions to the Board of
• Oversees the other Chief Credit Officers of Texas and Florida for written analyses on
all large loans, aggregate lending vs. indebtedness for individual borrowers, complex
loans, and weak loans.
• Identify problem loans, makes a recommendation for assignment of loans to review loan
The list that is reviewed quarterly with the board; discuss the status of problem loans with
the CLO and senior lending officers and may make recommendations regarding the future
credit information needs; identifies loans meeting non-accrual or charge-off criteria.
• Assists with the quarterly analyses of the adequacy of the allowance for loan and lease
losses for board discussion.
• Assist with the preparation of periodic board reports.
• Reviews periodic studies of various portions of the loan portfolio, including past due
reports, concentrations of credit, etc., for the benefit of supervisory and executive officers.
• Based on compliance or loan reviews and the dissemination of other pertinent facts,
evaluate and recommend policy changes.
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year institution plus additional lending, compliance,
and audit-related training.
• Minimum 8-10 years experience in bank lending, loan review, and/or compliance
experience or equivalent education in bank lending, loan review/compliance procedures
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Ability to read and interpret complex documents and to respond effectively to sensitive
inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to draft speeches or presentations using original techniques or style.
• Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or
complex topics to top management, and public interest groups.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability, statistical inference,
and fundamentals of regression analysis.
• Ability to define problems, aggregate, facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or
diagram form and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
• Must have knowledge/ability to use all MS Office Suite products. Must have a working
knowledge of proprietary or purchased database management programs.