Responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to CEO and COO and servicing the banking needs of commercial and consumer customers in a manner that ensure the overall vision of Plains State Bank is achieved and maintained to the satisfaction of employees, shareholders and customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond to customer inquiries on a wide range of bank services that include but are not limited to account transactions, loan and deposit account interest rates, loan account process inquiries and new loan and deposit account requirements.
- Gather data and prepare Director’s reports for Monthly Board Meetings.
- Maintain Stockholder’s book and assist stockholders with inquiries and transactions involving stock.
- Serve as back up for Accounts Payable function.
- Review and decision the insufficient funds report on a daily basis for CEO and COO.
- Prepare loan advances, pay downs, internal transfers and domestic and international wire transfers at customers’ request.
- Research loan collateral and credit exceptions and take necessary actions to clear.
- Assist CEO and COO with various projects.
- Pull loan and deposit reports as requested for review, weekly and/or at month end for CEO and COO.
- Provide Notary Services for customers and shareholders
- Serve as communications liaison for the branch locations.
- Schedule and assist in organizing various bank events, appointments for CEO and COO.
- Interact positively with other departments and offices of Plains State Bank to achieve a teamwork environment by maintaining external and internal customer service.
- Monitor employee relationships to maintain harmony within the branch and assist in recruiting qualified employees for the Plains State Bank system.
- Help to teach less experienced bankers at Plains State Bank to ensure that the overall vision of Plains State Bank is achieved and maintained to the satisfaction of the employees, shareholders and customers.
- Set personal goals and image that produce positive results for Plains State Bank.
- Provide back-up service to the new accounts/customer service function of the branch
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High level of verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interface effectively with other banking professionals including loan officers, credit managers, attorneys and title companies. Ability to read and interpret documents such as corporate & personal tax returns, loan documentation, real estate appraisals and environmental reports, bank policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence effectively. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as ratios, interest, amortization calculations, loan payment calculations and percentages.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate or better knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Thorough knowledge of commercial, consumer and real estate loan documentation. Expertise in the perfection of security interest through collateral documentation. Extensive loan closing knowledge including commercial loans, commercial real estate loans, single family real estate loans, letters of credit and consumer loans. Working knowledge of lending regulations including but not limited to the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA), Truth in Lending, Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA).
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed. College degree preferred. Completion of banking courses encouraged.
This position provides supervisory direction at the branch in the absence of the EVP Lending. This position has no defined supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is expected to be at work, on time, every day scheduled. The bank provides paid time off for employees to accommodate reasonable personal time off requirements. Any absences in excess of those provided that are unexplained or unexcused may result in discipline up to and including termination.
The employee in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The employee in this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, cellular phone, copy and fax machines, calculator, computer and related printers.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.