Commercial Banking Team Lead – 1355902
STCU is consistently rated one of the top-performing credit unions in the nation, and has been named one of Fortune Magazine’s Great Places to Work. We look for employees who have a strong desire to serve others, are lifelong learners, are committed to working hard, have a fun-loving attitude, and who want to make a difference in our members’ lives. We love people who share our core values: Joyfulness, generosity, belonging, goodness, and striving. We believe in being a force for good in the community, while helping members achieve their financial goals and dreams.
STCU offers excellent benefits:
• Paid time off—plus 11 paid holidays!
• Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
• Training and career development
• Success sharing plan
• 401(k) matching contributions
• Tuition reimbursement
An overview of the benefits can be found here.
Salary range: $9,219.60 – $13,015.33 per month
The Commercial Banking Officer III is a trusted advisor and plays a key role in the growth and success of STCU’s Commercial and Business Services products. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and identifying effective strategies necessary to maintain and expand the commercial portfolio while focusing on prospects with borrowing needs in excess of $500,000.00.
Core Job Requirements/Outcomes
- Meet and exceed individual goals by identifying target markets, creating and maintaining a focused calling/prospecting plan and providing adequate terms, pricing and conditions for credit requests.
- Manage and develop existing loan portfolio by maintaining a trusted advisor role with the member and establishing consistent contact with the member, advising on products and services accordingly, and monitoring maturities and annual reviews.
- Ensure timely collection of required financials to minimize delinquencies and past due covenants and identify weak credits and create action plans to strengthen or exit problem credits.
- Develop and maintain sound credit skills by staying current on STCU’s Member Business Loan Policy, standards and procedures.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related area required. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Job Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in yrs. C&I lending or successful sales experience. Extensive Small Business Administration (SBA) and commercial real estate lending experience required.
Software Skills: Previous experience with cloud banking software and/or construction loan management software such as nCino, Built and Malauzai is preferred. Proficient knowledge of MS Office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
Physical Demands: Must be able to regularly talk, hear and operate a computer, keyboard and mouse and occasionally lift, pull/push and carry up to 10 pounds with accommodations.
Work Conditions: Exposure to constant or intermittent sounds at a low or moderate level consistent with an office setting. Exposure to high-stress, fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
Travel Demands: Travel as needed for site inspections and/or meetings/training.