Credit Administrator – 1356756
Salt Lake City, UT
Credit Administrator – Seattle/Salt Lake City
The Credit Administrator is responsible for providing credit approval support to Relationship Managers and Market Presidents. This position assists the Senior Credit Administrators (SCA) and Chief Credit Officer (CCO) in the administration of credits within an assigned market and acts as a liaison between Credit Administration, Market Presidents, Relationship Managers (RM) and Assistant Relationship Managers (ARM). The Credit Administrator also assists the SCA and CCO with the development of credit procedures, policies, and other credit duties; supports RMs in the implementation of problem loan mitigation plans; and provides support and training to RMs and ARMs with an emphasis on consistent underwriting standards and portfolio management across all business lines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Perform assigned duties in accordance with the Bank’s Mission, Vision and Core Values; and provide the Bank’s customers and employees with timely, responsive, and exceptional service in accordance with the Bank’s customer service standards and internal service level agreements.
· Review all credits approved by RMs and Market Presidents within assigned markets and determine if credits meet sound underwriting standards; review and approve or decline credits within your own approval authority as appropriate; ensure credits outside your normal approval authority are reviewed and forwarded to the next level approval authority with a brief analysis and recommendation. This should include:
· Reviewing credit applications and histories; review and analyze credit reports and financial information; evaluate existing and projected company cash flows, and
· Understanding the customer’s business, management, and integrity through direct interaction with the RMs and ARMs;
· Providing coaching, guidance and support to RMs/ARMs to ensure the uniformity of the underwriting process and loan coding to credit policy and procedures across all product lines. Ensure that they analyze the feasibility of each loan request and the inherent risk related to each credit; perform collateral analysis; mitigate risk; analyze credit capacity of the borrower and guarantor; analyze market risk; and justify the assigned risk rating based on current policy guidelines.
· Assist in the oversight of the Bank’s loan portfolio to maintain quality control and minimize losses; assist the SCA/CCO in the identification and management of problem assets.
· Monitor changes in market conditions in assigned markets and complete market analysis report as assigned. Make recommendations to the CCO for changes in underwriting guidelines, policies, procedures and/or ALLL environmental factors to address these changing conditions.
· Assist the SCA/CCO to ensure production teams in assigned market are trained in, and adhere to, credit policy and procedures; clearly communicate and work with the production teams to ensure a consistent credit culture for the Bank.
· Assist in the evaluation of systems for use in portfolio risk management, including annual term loans, covenant tracking, review and verification of borrowing base certificates and related reports, analysis of interim financial statements and identification of red flags.
· Assist with management of the problem loan process as assigned and provide support to the RMs in negotiating terms and conditions of workouts. Manage assigned problem loans by performing an analysis of borrower provided financial information, evaluating collateral values, and negotiating terms and conditions of workouts. Maintain credit files and prepare problem asset reports on assigned credits.
· Assist the SCA/CCO in the development of underwriting and credit monitoring standards, documents, procedures, forms and tools for new and existing lending products; evaluate proposed changes and provide recommendations to the SCA/CCO. Work with Market Presidents, RMs and ARMs to provide training and guidance in their use to ensure consistency throughout the bank.
· Assist the SCA/CCO with the preparation of monthly and quarterly board loan and other reports as assigned, including FHLB, HMDA, and other reports as assigned. Ensure that all reports required for credit review, audits and regulatory examinations are created in proper format, reviewed for accuracy and provided within designated timeframes.
· Maintain knowledge of, and compliance with applicable banking regulations.
· Be knowledgeable of, and promote all Bank products and services.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· 5-8 years credit analysis and underwriting experience, including: financial accounting theory and analysis, loan structuring, credit review processes, and commercial lending. SBA experience preferred.
· Working knowledge of credit services and other banking services.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Working knowledge of lending policies and procedures.
· Working knowledge of business cash flow.
· Real estate underwriting experience.
· Proficient computer skills with collaboration and productivity tools including Windows-based operating systems and office suites (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); spreadsheet applications to organize data used for advanced data analysis; internet; email; and bank software.
Compensation range: $140,000 – $155,000