Commercial Relationship Manager – 1370877
Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking
Relationship Manager is responsible for the production of new commercial loan and deposit clients, the expansion of existing loan and deposit relationships, the generation of loan fee income, and the referral of products and services to other areas of the Bank, in accordance with annually established goals. In addition to developing loan and deposit relationships, Relationship Manager will meet with and interview clients/prospects, analyze financial information, assist in the negotiation of various and more complex terms and conditions of all types of loan transactions, close loans, manage and maintain the integrity of assigned loan and deposit portfolios, and assist Credit Administration in the monitoring of credit quality and maintenance of current financial information for each assigned borrower. Relationship Manager also ensures the delivery of the highest level of customer service to the clients of the Bank.
- Accountable for the attainment of annual business development goals for loan and deposit production, loan fee income generation, cross sales, and portfolio retention.
- Promotes sales delivery through aggressive relationship building with centers of influence and commercial clients and prospects.
- Works with Manager to identify and develop new markets within the Bank’s footprint and expand lending opportunities in accordance with the Bank’s strategic plan.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the Bank’s loan, deposit, and other products and services.
- Meets with and interviews clients/prospects. Seeks opportunities to build relationships, working within the prescribed framework of the Bank’s policies and procedures to offer flexible and competitive banking solutions, including business loans, lines of credit, deposit and other business products and services.
- Participates in joint calls with cash management, commercial deposit services, and/or retail branch representatives, as appropriate, to assist with offering complete banking solutions to clients and prospects.
- Gathers the necessary loan application package/documents, along with business, financial and personal background information required to move forward with client’s credit request.
- In coordination with Underwriting Group, reviews loan requests and credit history, along with financial statements and spreads, to determine whether proposed credit application includes all information needed and meets lending criteria outlined in the Bank’s lending policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Working with Manager and Underwriting Group, prepares proposed credit outlines (pre-flights), including recommendations for loan pricing and terms, to present to Credit Administration for concurrence prior to proceeding with in-depth client negotiations of various and more complex terms and conditions or “indications of interest”.
- With the assistance of the Underwriting Group, prepares well developed credit memorandum that conforms to the Bank’s required underwriting format and guidelines, seeking assistance from Team Leader, Regional President or Market President, as needed, to ensure that all complex issues have been adequately addressed.
- Working with the Manager, participates in formal credit approval process by presenting loans for approval to the required level of authority and/or appropriate Loan Committee.
- Communicates credit approvals to clients, delivers loan documents for signature, and ensures that loan request is processed and booked.
- Ensures that declinations are communicated to prospects and customers, in written or verbal form, as required by Bank procedures and guidelines.
- Provides exemplary/professional customer service to, and maintains constructive and positive working relationships with, referral sources, loan applicants, borrowers, depositors, and their representatives.
- Prepares and submits regular sales production and customer call reports to Manager, as requested.
- Actively participates in the local business community at large.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the Bank’s current Credit policies and procedures established for Commercial Lending.
- Manages and monitors assigned loan and deposit portfolios, communicating directly with borrowers and depositors, as appropriate.
- Provides advice and counsel to customers on financing, deposits and related matters, representing the Bank’s best interests at all times.
- Maintains credit quality of assigned loan portfolio within Bank standards and guidelines; promptly surfaces any and all risk issues uncovered in the course of managing the portfolio. Works in concert with Manager and Credit Administration to assess emerging risks and develop resolution strategies.
- Actively participates with Commercial Lending support staff to ensure that all documentation is in place, applicable terms and conditions are adhered to, and required financial exhibit due dates are monitored, with exhibits received from customers in a timely manner.
- Communicates regularly with Cash Management, Commercial Deposit Services, and/or Retail Branch partners to ensure client deposit accounts are handled in an accurate and timely manner, and any issues are promptly resolved.
- Consistently operates in compliance with banking laws and regulations, established Bank policies and procedures, audit and security policies. Consistently complies with all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering Rules, OFAC and FinCen Requirements, and the USA Patriot Act.
- Assures customer information and data is kept confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a mid-size or larger financial institution, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 10 years of commercial/business lending experience or a combination of commercial/business lending experience and relevant/transferrable experience – in the market they expect to serve.
- Skill and experience in structuring all types of Commercial/Industrial loans and owner occupied real estate loans for middle market to larger more complex businesses, experience with all types of SBA lending a plus.
- Thorough understanding of basic principles of accounting and financial analysis.
- Proven track record of meeting established annual loan and deposit production goals, while retaining existing client base.
- Able to provide satisfactory evidence they have an established book of business and the depth of referral sources (network) necessary to be successful in development of new business relationships.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be persuasive one-on-one as well as in a group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work in an organized manner on multiple projects.
- Computer literate in word processing, financial software used for spreading financial information, Excel and Word. Experience with customer contact management software such as Act, Access or Outlook a plus.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the Bank’s service area to develop new clients and conduct regular site visits.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work successfully in a collaborative manner with minimal supervision.
- Position may require National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) Registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008. Upon active employment with Bank, may be required to either register via the NMLS registry or re-register and move previous registration to Bank’s registration.