Retirement Services Manager – 1387881
SVP – Retirement Plan Services Manager
The Retirement Plan Services (RPS) Manager is responsible for leading the RPS Team in developing and maintaining retirement plan business across the bank’s footprint by partnering with banking and wealth management colleagues. This individual will also be responsible for relationship management and retention of an existing book of qualified retirement plan clients. Our ideal candidate will have leadership and sales experience as well as extensive knowledge of ERISA qualified retirement plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties that may be assigned.
- Lead RPS Team to excel in providing an above average experience for our retirement plan clients in accordance with established service standards.
- Lead the development of retirement plan opportunities among the high-valued businesses of the Bank and Wealth Management by increasing awareness among and collaborating with business partners in Commercial/Business. Treasury, Payments, and Retail areas of the bank.
- Partner with and work closely with Wealth Advisors and Financial Consultants to help build retirement plan pipeline as well as in providing ongoing service for retirement plan clients.
- Act as lead on several existing retirement plan accounts working with appropriate team members to provide a proactive, responsive, and consultative experience for clients.
- Plan service includes periodic plan reviews, onsite visits, investment reviews, development, and delivery of participant education opportunities (in-person and virtual), assist Plan Sponsors in meeting their fiduciary obligations, and plan design consultation.
- Performing job functions will require approximately 30% – 40% travel under normal working conditions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. At least 10 or more years of retirement plan, financial planning, insurance, or investment experience required.
- Management or leadership experience.
- Experience marketing and selling in the Financial Services Industry.
- Licenses and certifications:
o NASD securities licensing includes Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66.
o State relevant insurance licenses.
o Candidate must possess an advanced level of related industry certification such as: C(k)P, AIF, CPFA, CEBS or CRPS, CFP. CRSP (or equivalent).
OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Relationship building and collaboration – seeks and maintains trusted relationships.
- An extensive understanding of retirement plan solutions, banking and wealth management solutions and services are required.
- Proven track record and success in new business development. Committed to achieving established goals.
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint is required.
- The ability to prioritize workload and remain adaptable under pressure is beneficial.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required.