SBA Loan Processor
SBA Loan Processor – Tri-Cities or Tukwila – Hybrid
We believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
The SBA Loan Processor reports directly to the SBA Lending Manager/Team Leader and requires strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and perform well under pressure to meet multiple and occasionally short deadlines to facilitate the fulfillment of the SBA loan by collaborating with the loan officer, credit analysist and loan processors.
What You Will Be Doing:
1. Orders and evaluates appraisals, business valuations, title policies, UCC searches, environmental, tax, flood, and credit reports. May open escrow as appropriate and schedule closings with title companies or attorneys when needed. Communication with SBA Relationship Manager, Borrower, and SBA Team Lead is critical in assessing items needed for closing or funding/booking.
2. Scan all documents related to loan file
3. Requests and reviews required insurances.
4. Reviews packages for completion, accuracy, and compliance
5. Loan Document Review: Work collaboratively with Credit Analysts to ensure accurate, complete, and timely loan document requests and submitted to the loan processor.
6. Assist with loan closing with Loan Closer
7. Final Loan Document Review
8. Fills out SBA forms including the SBA Authorization and 1920 when needed.
9. Notifies SBA Relationship Manager of exceptions within the portfolio, and when appropriate, communicates directly with the customer to obtain required financial information.
10. Work with SBA Underwriter/ Credit Analysist to ensure annual reviews are completed.
11. Creation of correspondence
12. Assisting in loan write-up preparation
13. Provide timely, complete, and accurate responses to inquiries, emails, phone calls, and other contact
14. Work SBA Loan Checklist for completeness and follow up on all pending documents.
15. Keep track of all SBA Loans in process and assist in managing the closing process
16. Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
17. Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as approved by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities.
18. Complete disposition of declined/withdrawn loans
19. Maintain high level of confidentiality relative to member’s accounts/loans.
20. Work as a team member of the Member Business Loan Department to assure the highest and most professional level of service to Credit Union members.
21. Contributes to effective MBL department and credit union operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
22. Must collaborate with commercial lending teams to provide high levels of internal service and in job completion.
1. Thorough knowledge of credit services and other credit union services
2. Thorough knowledge of lending policies and procedures
3. Thorough knowledge of business cash flow
4. Proficient computer skills with collaboration and productivity tools including Windows-based operating systems and office suites (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); spreadsheet applications to organize data used for advanced data analysis; internet; email; and bank software.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills
6. Ability to understand small business relationships and provide options that will meet their needs.
7. Ability to converse with business owners.
8. Ability to achieve a high sales level in business development and cross sales.
9. Ability to organize, prioritize and respond simultaneously to multiple tasks and requests.
10. Ability to work well in and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
11. Effectively communicate ideas and information, both verbal and written.
12. Display and maintain courtesy, tact and diplomacy with current and potential vendors, peers, and staff.
What You Will Need:
1. Minimum two years’ experience in loan processing or servicing
2. Minimum two years’ experience with lending compliance
3. Ability to learn new software systems quickly. Familiarity with Microsoft software.
4. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
6. Minimum two years general clerical experience including keyboarding and PC proficiency.
7. Ability to communicate with members, loan officers, 3rd parties, and management in completion of tasks.
8. Working knowledge of real estate terminology, concepts, practices, and procedures.
9. Knowledge of NCUA and State of Washington compliance and regulatory environment for Member
10. Some business lending and real estate experience preferred.
11. Ability to provide excellent member service.
12. Professional image in dress and verbal/written communications.
13. Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision and to be a team player.
Our Team Member Value Proposition:
In exchange for bringing your talent to the Credit Union, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
§ Competitive Pay
§ Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
§ 20 days/year accrual of Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
§ 401(k) Match
§ Incentive Program
§ Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
§ Commuter Benefits
§ Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
§ Product discounts
§ Engaging Work Environment
§ Rewards and Recognition Programs