The SBA Relationship Manager II reports to the SBA Lending Manager. Originates loans and offers products and services to business and professional clientele. Establishes, develops, and retains customer relationships through referrals and business development. Responsible for development and maintenance of a loan portfolio and providing high quality, value-added client service. SBA Relationship Manager II will be responsible for the deposit growth through making referrals to Treasury Management or Branch Personnel. SBA Relationship Manager II will be responsible to sourcing and closing SBA specific lending opportunities. These opportunities may be within any government guaranteed lending product line such as Express, USDA, SBA 504, but primarily through offering of the SBA 7(a) loan program. This position will be a resource to the commercial team in each region to field SBA specific referrals. Sales and support include the development of new treasury management relationships, enhancing existing business relationships by involving the commercial loan officers, and branch team members, developing new business deposit relationships, cross selling retail products and services, and providing excellent member service.
What You Will Be Doing:
1. Perform assigned duties in accordance with ClientCredit Union and the SBA’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values; and provide the members with timely, responsive and exceptional service in accordance with the credit union’s customer service standards.
2. Provide applicant bank products and services that enhance business success.
3. Accept credit applications, interview loan applicants.
4. Evaluate existing and projected company cash flow.
5. Determine value of collateral, through review of appraisal, valuations, business financials, etc.
6. Recommend approval or decline of credit applications within credit union and SBA Criteria.
7. Maintain existing customer relationships; develop and expand new customer relationships.
8. Prepare detailed, complete, loan approval presentations for new credit applications, extensions, modifications, and renewal requests.
9. Monitor loans through periodic reviews and documentation in conjunction with SBA Portfolio Manager, SBA Underwriter, and/or as requested.
10. Perform credit checks and site inspections as required under credit union and/or SBA guidelines.
11. Review maturing loans, loan extensions, and construction draws.
12. Collect past due accounts and/or support SBA Lending Manager/Portfolio Manager in the collection of accounts.
13. Oversee loan documentation and processing including review and negotiation.
14. Properly maintain credit files including file memos updating the status of the client relationship.
15. Maintain knowledge of government guaranteed lending requirements and compliance with banking / credit union regulations.
16. Be knowledgeable of and promote all credit union products and services with active referrals to credit union partners.
17. Provide exceptional, timely, and responsive customer service to both internal members/teams as well as external partnerships and members.
18. Understanding of all internal credit union policies.
19. Understanding of the SBA Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), including origination, servicing and liquidation.
20. Actively maintain business development plans and strategies to prospect new SBA business lending, deposit, and treasury management relationships.
21. Serve as a liaison between branches and commercial loan officers to respond to referrals for new SBA business.
22. Maintain knowledge of SBA lending programs to facilitate and service all SBA loan programs.
23. Always present a professional demeanor and image to internal and external members. They will have the ability to present informative proposals that add value to business members. This includes keeping abreast of national and local economic news.
24. Perform job duties with limited daily supervision, exercising a high level of discretion and sound judgment.
25. Consistently display successful communication and listening skills with peers, members, Supervisor, and vendors.
26. Display leadership values such as mutual respect, honesty, trust and dignity, and act in the best interest of the credit union. Always display solid ethics and integrity.
27. Maintain and protect all sensitive data utilizing the highest standard of confidentiality and professionalism.
28. Adhere to policies. Operate in a safe manner.