Relationship Manager – 1463479
The Construction Trades Group Manager leads a commercial lending team to develop, implement and execute a defined business plan and market strategy specializing in Construction Trades. This team provides financial solutions for businesses that support large-scale construction-related industries. This position oversees the delivery of strategic financing and cash flow management tools that businesses need to flourish in a competitive and cyclical market environment.
- Responsible for expanding, managing and optimizing a loan portfolio of commercial clients.
- Participate in the documentation of loan transactions.
- Coordinate the completion of credit applications and credit administration.
- Present credit requests to senior management and/or the company’s Loan Committee for review and approval.
- Manage all aspects of client relationships consisting of the portfolio loans and other products.
- Refer other traditional non-loan banking services to team members specializing in Wealth Management, Residential Mortgages, Treasury Management Services and appropriate banking opportunities to other departments and personnel.
- Respond to referrals from senior management and others.
- Actively participate in new business development programs.
· Interview commercial loan applicants.
· Structure and analyze new and renewed loan requests and make loans within lending authority.
· Close loans.
· Complete file documentation.
· Monitor compliance with loan policies and appropriate regulations.
· Assign appropriate risk grades to loans and relationships.
· Collect past due loans, unless assigned to the centralized collectors.
· Handle customer service matters and inquiries for lending and non-lending issues.
· Send financial statements to the credit analysts for spreading and analysis.
· Monitor and evaluate the performance of direct reports.
· Provide informal training and guidance for less experienced lenders.
· Participate in community activities and organizations.
· Refer appropriate banking opportunities to other departments and personnel.
· Cross sell all company products and services.
· Perform the job in accordance with applicable industry laws and regulations as well as the policies and procedures established by the company.
· Responsible for upholding Fair and Responsible Banking practices and Code of Ethics and Conduct guidelines.
· Understand and participate in the Bank’s Community Reinvestment Act program.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Mathematics or Statistics and Master’s Degree or MBA, preferred.
- Ten or more years of relationship management experience with the majority of the time spent in commercial lending activities.
- Five or more years of account relationship management experience.
- Formal credit training such as RMA or Regional or State Banking School preferred.
- Distinguished client relationship history and proven ability to grow relationships.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to think strategically and creatively on behalf of clients’ needs.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to form internal partnerships and mobilize the organization.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Excel and Word specifically.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must be bondable.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.