SBA Loan Underwriter
SBA Loan Underwriter
· Collect, analyze and evaluate financial and related data to determine credit worthiness of loan prospects, merit of the request and SBA/USDA eligibility.
· Ability to interpret financial statements, tax returns and projections. Perform analysis of cash flow, global cash flow, financial capacity and collateral requirements.
· Prepare high-quality, detailed credit approval documents that contain an in-depth analysis and an understanding and identification of credit issues and risks.
· Prepare loan requests within established time-lines in accordance with AFCU Loan Policy and procedures
· Consult with SBA Department Manager and CCO to recommend proper loan structuring that limits risk to the Bank.
· Order and review third-party reports, appraisals and valuations (real estate, equipment, business, etc.), environmental reports, IRS Transcripts, and CAIVRS as required.
· Prepare high quality annual term loan reviews, as needed
· Work closely with Management to support efforts to meet lending goals and objectives
· Maintain a satisfactory level of customer service to all (internal and external customers) and maintain satisfactory level of communication with all partners
· Adhere to all compliance requirements established by Bank, including timely completion of online compliance training modules
· Assist all AFCU partners in the closing and booking of government guaranteed loans.
· Assist in all projects assigned that help improve and streamline the credit delivery process.
· 3-5 years of SBA loan underwriting or commercial loan underwriting experience
· Working knowledge of SBA and USDA policies and regulations
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting or related field
Ability to analyze business financial statements and business/personal tax returns with limited oversight
Knowledge of Microsoft Officer and Microsoft Excel. In-depth knowledge of commercial lending compliance and credit regulations. Professional written, verbal communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to produce quality work within tight time frames while managing multiple assignments. Ability to work on core processing systems and department specific processing systems. Strong work ethic, the ability to prioritize and adapt to changing deadlines, advanced interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and the desire to work as a team to support the overall success of the credit union. Strong knowledge base about commercial real estate and conventional underwriting, policies and procedures.