Commercial Credit Analyst
Commercial Credit Analyst will participate in a Rotational Program across specific commercial banking verticals, including Commercial and Industrial (C&I), Commercial Real Estate (CRE), Business Banking, Equipment Finance and Capital Finance.
• Successfully complete an externally led credit analysis training program within first six-months.
• Conduct financial analysis of borrower and guarantors including business and personal financial statements, tax returns and other documents.
• Complete global cash flow computations, calculate performance ratios, and analyze multi-year trends.
• Develop a thorough understanding of client cash flows and report on same, including identifying recurring and non-recurring sources.
• Research industry trends, data and risks and identify questions and risks for each credit, describing the steps implemented to mitigate those risks. • Perform analysis of loan collateral: accounts receivable, equipment, inventory, real estate and/or marketable securities.
• Author high-quality credit narratives: specifically, summarizing the financial performance of businesses and individuals.
• Identify risks and describing the steps implemented to mitigate those risks.
• Monitor existing credits for compliance with financial and reporting covenants.
• Track loan policy exceptions and loan file document exceptions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Finance and/or Accounting required.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience within banking or financial services required.
• Strong organizational time management skills, problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly grasp concepts and processes with limited guidance from management.
• Must be comfortable working with complex computer operating systems; prior experience with Salesforce and nCino is preferred.
• Ability to support multiple projects in parallel and prioritize competing demands.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
• Must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to interact well, and in a positive manner, with coworkers and management.
• Position involves contact with clients, necessitating the ability to present a professional image.