Commercial Credit Analyst
a growing $380 million financial institution, is seeking to hire a Credit Analyst for its Salem, Oregon location. This position is necessary to support the bank’s credit culture due to steady loan growth. This person will work closely with Commercial Loan Officers and the Loan Operations Group. The right candidate will possess many of the skills and experiences outlined below.
Position Summary: The Credit Analyst assesses commercial loan risk in accordance with Bank policies, procedures and regulations.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepares credit presentations for loan approvals in accordance with the Banks loan policies.
- Contacts customers for documentation.
- Spread and analyze relevant financial data, including tax returns/financial statements of businesses and personal guarantors including borrower prepared projections.
- Identify potential areas of risk, assess repayment ability, examine cash flow (stand alone and global), and collateral adequacy.
- Perform appraisal reviews and internal evaluations where applicable.
- Perform appropriate market, industry and economic analysis as well as obtain credit reports on new and existing customers.
- Assist in identifying loan policy exceptions during underwriting.
- Aid with the training and development of less experienced credit analysts or loan officers.
- Comply with and follow all applicable policies and procedures as well as governing laws and regulations. This includes but is not limited to: performing all assigned duties under the WVBK compliance programs and related laws and regulations. Successfully completing all mandatory compliance training as assigned in a timely manner.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of financial statements and tax returns.
- Knowledge of credit policies, procedures, practices and documentation.
- Basic understanding of collateral analysis and the appraisal review process.
- Basic knowledge of commercial loan documentation and regulatory compliance requirement.
- Knowledge of business relationships and business entity structures.
- Ability to write concise financial analysis and credit approvals.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact with customers and explain document needs.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and teams.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and effective relationships with others.
- Aptitude for self-development and learning.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend financial data and to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources, test assumptions, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business or Finance (or equivalent experience)
- 2 + years of direct commercial credit analysis experience at a financial institution
- 1+ years of experience with both CRE and C&I underwriting
Mental and Physical Effort: Decision making normally involves the ability to apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures to the work. Guidance and direction may be available.
Lifting equipment or files of 1-10 pounds on a regular basis, lifting equipment or boxes of 10-25 pounds on an occasion. Sits or stands for long periods of time working at a computer and typing. Uses hands to handle controls or feel objects, tools or controls. Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
Working Conditions: Works in a customer facing position in an office environment with minimal workplace hazards and low to moderate levels of noise. May deal with customers or visitors to the workplace who may be upset or pose challenges. Works during the day and during the week, may require occasional overtime. Occasional travel to other work sites, conferences, training or meetings may be required.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person