VP, Enterprise Project Manager
As an Enterprise Project Manager, you will support the Chief Technology Officer in leading multiple enterprise projects and interacting with cross-functional teams comprised of internal and external technical contributors, IT managers, and various other stakeholders. More specifically, you will provide project leadership, supporting our Core Banking transformation to Fiserv DNA (Core), Architect (Digital), and Credit Card programs. You will serve as the liaison to project sponsors and vendors and will facilitate continuous communication and manage expectations. You will be expected to coordinate the resolution of complex issues and challenging situations. This is only a subset of the overall responsibilities which will include other ongoing initiatives as assigned by IT and executive leadership.
This role can be performed fully remote, however, we prefer candidates within our geographic service area on the west coast and Pacific time zone.
- Develops and implements project plans to meet goals and implementation objectives.
- Develops, recommends, and manages project budgets and metrics; and identifies and recommends solutions to project resource needs and requirements.
- Plans, organizes, implements, and evaluates work activities to meet established project goals and objectives.
- Analyzes alternative methods and processes to meet project delivery goals.
- Documents all aspects of the project, including minutes, project plans, and related documentation.
- Regularly conduct status meetings and report on project progress to all relevant parties.
- Works with end-users and project stakeholders to define requirements, delivery dates, project integration points, and other applications and business processes.
- Collaborates with project sponsors to resolve issues, address changes, and escalation of decisions regarding project risks.
- Documents manages and tracks third-party provider milestones and deliverables.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of project activities; makes or recommends project modifications; and conducts management reviews of progress and conformance with timelines, budgets, and project requirements.
- Develops project reports, narratives, and statistical program performance reports and recommendations.
- Coordinates and integrates project activities with other business units and/or work groups and external stakeholders, develops project partnerships, and ensures effective communication of goals, progress, and decisions.
- Functionally oversees staff assigned to the project by coaching, mentoring, and overseeing project work.
- Manages project disputes and provides escalation and input to the chief technology officer and executive management as needed or requested.
- Regularly monitors project performance and provides performance improvement recommendations; communicates performance and deliverable concerns to the Chief Technology Officer, executive management, and business unit leaders.
- Oversees project vendors and related statements of work, participates and coordinates RFP’s; participates in the technology vendor/consultant selection process; and monitors and evaluates the performance of vendors.
- Works closely with vendors for technology implementations through milestones, issue resolution to project completion.
- Convenes appropriate project groups and assists the chief technology officer in organizing agendas, issues, and presentations for management, business units, and the IT Steering Committee.
- Develops project-appropriate testing and acceptance criteria, documents completion, and certifies project milestone achievement and ultimately project completion.
- Manages the orderly closure of project processes and completion of relevant project documents and effectively transitions the project to a maintenance mode for ongoing operations.
- Assists in creating a positive and supportive work environment; enforces a safe workplace; establishes a culture of teamwork and communication; creates a workplace that promotes our organizational values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field and 3+ years of practical experience in banking or information technology projects.
- Associate degree in business, or related field AND 5+ years of practical experience in complex information technology projects.
- Previous experience in the financial services industry, including an understanding of banking infrastructure technology, functions, processes, products, services, and operations.
- Previous experience with core banking solutions and related banking applications.
- Project Management Professional Certification, current or previously held is preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, leaders, and external stakeholders to establish and achieve common goals.
- Highly dependable with strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships with partners, peers, and leaders.
- Ability to work independently and achieve results.
What is the benefit package for this role? Bank’s benefits include a comprehensive package designed to support you and your eligible dependents. We focus on the holistic health of our team members and promote work-life balance.
Our benefit package includes:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Basic Life / STD / LTD
- Vacation Days: 2-4 weeks depending on role
- Sick Days: 12 days per year
- Holidays: 11 days per year
- 401(K) / ROTH / FSA / HSA / EAP
- Education and Adoption Assistance
- Bank-Wide Annual Discretionary Bonus Program
- Production-based incentive program available for some roles.
- Paid Volunteer Time: 4 days per year / annual match of qualifying employee donations
- Paid Sabbatical Program after 5 years of service
- Pet Benefits