Commercial Loan Collections Specialist
Commercial Loan Collections Specialist
ID 2023-3000 # of Openings 1 Posted Date 2 months ago
(6/15/2023 12:43 PM)
Category Diversified Assets Type Full-Time (40 Hours)
Greater Nevada Commercial Lending is looking for a dedicated team player with a passion for Helping More People Live Greater!
About The Position:
The Commercial Loan Collection Specialist is responsible for providing collection support on past due commercial loan debts. The position requires the ability to work through challenging situations in a positive and effective manner, as well as a strong understanding of commercial lending practices.
Who we’re looking for:
Before we get into the specific details of this position’s requirements and qualifications, let’s focus on the bigger picture of Greater Nevada, and what makes a Greater Nevadan.
At Greater Nevada, our passion is Helping More People Live Greater. When we say “people,” we mean every single person who we interact with or could interact with, from our team members to our community members.
To do this, we practice C.A.R.E. with our Values:
- We Care Genuinely.
- We build relationships because we know that we are Greater Together.
- We Stay Trustworthy as we serve our communities.
- “Be Bright” rings in our ears as we find custom solutions that meet our members’ needs.
- We Inspire One Another, our members, and our communities to re-imagine what Living Greater can be.
- In every moment, we Enjoy the Experience. It’s what has made the last 70 years greater and what we carry into the future as we continue to serve.
These values have guided us to become the largest Nevada-based credit union to touch the lives of more than 87,200 members and thousands upon thousands of people through our community and philanthropic work.
To live by those values, we make a deal with every single one of our team members—the C.A.R.E. Deal. It’s a win-win agreement that we shake hands-on at the beginning of our relationship together.
As a Greater Nevadan, that means we make four promises to you:
- Compensation and Benefits – We offer Greater Pay and Greater Benefits, including:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans, where we cover 90% of employee costs and about 75% of the costs for their dependents
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Supplemental insurance and life insurance plans
- Paid time off, including vacation and sick time, 11 annual paid holidays, eight hours of personal leave, and sabbatical leave after seven years of employment
- Paid time to volunteer and make a contribution to the community
- Employee product and service discounts
- Advancement – We strive to be a place where you can grow into your next career move, without having to leave the Greater Nevada family. So, we offer extensive training and development opportunities for each employee. Our continuous coaching culture allows for more direct and regular performance feedback and compensation.
- Recognition – We invest time, energy, and resources to find creative, impactful, and fun ways to deliver recognition that fits each Greater Nevadan’s successes.
- Environment – Nobody wants to come to work in a place that’s dull and filled with drudgery all day long. So, part of our side of the deal is ensuring you have a great place to work in and great people to work with.
Our C.A.R.E. deal goes both ways, so here’s how we expect each team member to demonstrate they care:
- Competence – Greater Nevadans know how to do their job and do it well—or they know how to access the resources they need to accomplish great things.
- Attitude – We don’t expect team members to plaster a fake smile on their faces every day, but we do expect them to bring their best attitude to work and strive for greatness.
- Relationship building – We put a lot of emphasis on building strong relationships with members, clients, coworkers, and the communities that we serve. Why? Because those connections enable us to live our passion: Helping More People Live Greater.
- Effectiveness – We ask each Greater Nevadan to be productive, efficient, and successful at the work they do.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Prepares, reconciles and ensures data integrity for weekly and monthly departmental delinquency reports, used by investors, participants and guarantors.
- Initiates timely collection calls and appropriate correspondence regarding payment of past due loans that are delinquent 15 days or greater.
- Maintains accurate collection notes in the core system of record; provides written and verbal updates on delinquent accounts to Management, investors, participants and governmental agencies.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and empathy when dealing with borrowers, demonstrating a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Assist, as directed, on potential workout options, liquidations, and other collection efforts.
Remote within the United States
- $45,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Competitive compensation and Greater Benefits are part of our deal
Skills & Competencies
- Action oriented
- Nimble Learning
- Customer Focus
- Communicates Effectively
- While performing the duties of your job, you may regularly be required to sit and use a keyboard, mouse, multiple monitors, telephone (including repetitive motions with hands, fingers, arms, etc.) for extended periods of time. You may also frequently be required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms, bend, and kneel.
- You may be occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Greater Nevada is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employment at Greater Nevada is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Greater Nevada prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Share on your newsfeed