Provide exceptional credit support to the Commercial Lending team, CCO, Credit Officer and Credit Manager by preparing analyses and credit approval presentations.
The following is a list of essential functions, which may be subject to change at any time and without advance notice. Management may assign new duties, reassign existing duties, or eliminate a function.
- Work with Credit Manager, Credit Officer and CCO to ensure consistent and accurate credit analysis and loan presentations.
- Prepare financial statement spreads and perform comprehensive analysis of cash flow
- Evaluate individual personal financial statements, tax returns, and prepare global cash flows
- Verify compliance with credit policy, applicable regulations and lending procedures
- Conduct industry and market analysis to identify risks and risk mitigating factors
- Prepare analysis and approval memo for more complex loan requests, reviews and renewals.
- When appropriate, recommend actions such as approval, structural change, or decline.
- Work with lenders to provide timely response and turnaround by monitoring and prioritizing pipeline.
- Work to ensure the appropriate level of analysis is completed in a timely manner for all requests.
- Develop, train, and coach less experienced Credit Analysts and Senior Credit Analysts.
- Work with new, existing and troubled commercial lending relationships in understanding and analyzing cash flows, balance sheet, risks and overall strength and weaknesses of loans and requests.
- Perform collateral valuations, and provide loan structure and covenant recommendations
- Assist in developing “best in class” Credit Administration Loan Policy and procedure manuals.
- Provide support for Special Assets Group and prepare quarterly loan impairment analysis as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field required OR equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in credit analysis
Skills and Competencies
- Extensive experience in analyzing complex financial statements and tax returns.
- Comprehensive knowledge of commercial lending, including loan structure, covenant, and risk analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of collateral valuation methods.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organization / time management skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and able to quickly master the bank’s technology and systems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrate professionalism in appearance, punctuality, attitude, and grammar. Maintain a clean, organized work area.
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, with prior knowledge of accounting principles.
- An ability to balance priorities and exhibit organizational skills to manage both individual and multiple team priorities while meeting Service Level Agreements.
- Ability to interact effectively with other bank personnel across functional lines.
- Ability to articulate bank strategies and customer service philosophy.
- Excellent decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task in highly demanding environment.
- Efficient, high quality producer, with attention to detail.
- Good judgment & analytical skills with the ability to remain focused & work independently.
- Must be able to process constructive feedback & remain even tempered
- Ability to drive, with a valid driver’s license, to travel between offices and/or attend sales calls a