VP of Commercial Lending
Position Description: Vice President of Commercial Credit Administration
The Vice President of Commercial Credit Administration is a senior-level position responsible for overseeing and managing the credit administration function within a financial institution. This role requires a strong understanding of commercial lending, credit risk management, and regulatory compliance. The Vice President of Commercial Credit Administration plays a critical role in ensuring the institution’s credit policies and procedures are effectively implemented and followed.
1. Credit Policy Development: Develop and maintain comprehensive credit policies and procedures that align with the institution’s risk appetite and regulatory requirements. Continuously review and update credit policies to reflect changes in the market and industry best practices.
2. Credit Underwriting and Analysis: Oversee the credit underwriting process, ensuring thorough analysis of commercial loan applications, financial statements, and collateral valuations. Provide guidance and support to credit analysts and underwriters to ensure accurate risk assessment and decision-making.
3. Portfolio Management: Monitor the quality and performance of the commercial loan portfolio, identifying potential risks and taking appropriate actions to mitigate them. Develop strategies to optimize the portfolio’s risk-return profile and ensure compliance with internal and external regulations.
4. Credit Administration: Oversee the administration of commercial credit files, ensuring accurate and complete documentation, adherence to loan covenants, and timely loan servicing. Collaborate with loan operations and legal teams to resolve any credit-related issues or disputes.
5. Regulatory Compliance: Stay updated on relevant laws, regulations, and industry guidelines related to commercial lending and credit administration. Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations, including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Know Your Customer (KYC) requirements.
6. Team Leadership: Provide leadership, guidance, and mentorship to the credit administration team. Foster a collaborative and high-performing work environment, promoting professional development and continuous learning.
7. Relationship Management: Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including loan officers, risk management, and executive management, to ensure effective communication and alignment of credit administration activities with the institution’s overall goals and objectives. Build and maintain relationships with external auditors, regulators, and other industry professionals.
– Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field. Master’s degree or professional certifications (e.g., CFA, CRC, etc.) are preferred.
– Minimum of 10 years of experience in commercial credit administration, including credit underwriting, portfolio management, and credit policy development.
– Strong knowledge of commercial lending practices, credit risk management, and regulatory compliance.
– Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to assess complex credit situations and make sound decisions.
– Proficient in financial analysis, including cash flow analysis, financial statement spreading, and collateral valuation.
– Strong leadership and team management skills, with the ability to motivate and develop a high-performing team.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
– Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple priorities