Ag Relationship Manager
Fresno, Bakerfield, CA
The Commercial Relationship Manager (“CRM”) is responsible for all aspects of a customer relationship with the Bank. CRM is responsible for managing existing Bank relationships and identifying/converting prospects into Bank customers.
CRM to evaluate financial information and credit worthiness based on a sound analysis of the credit structure, cash flow, and collateral. The CRM will have well-rounded experience in underwriting commercial credit requests regarding individuals, businesses, and agricultural operations considered to be Middle Market in size. The CRM will be proficient in financial statement analysis. Specific duties of the CRM include:
- Meeting with clients and prospects to identify banking opportunities and developing a complete banking relationship.
- Compiles loan package and facilities negotiation of loan structure with applicant, including fees, repayment options, loan covenants, reporting requirements, and other credit terms. Identify credit deficiencies and devise credit structure to mitigate.
- Ensures loan agreements are complete, accurate, and meet underwriting policy. Assures timely loan closing and funding activities.
- Overall management of a customer’s account – CRM is the contact point between the customer and the Bank. Meets with customer throughout the year, handles issues, and identifies cross-sell opportunities.
- Assist with developing customer relationships and helping identify new business opportunities in the existing loan portfolio.
- Develop expertise in assigned industries and demonstrate an ability to conduct research on the industries, companies, and markets that affect the assigned industries.
- Interface with the Market Presidents, Portfolio Manager, Loan Service Center (LSC), other Bank departments, and various Bank Committees to provide information regarding loan portfolio administration and financial monitoring activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by their manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually very quiet.