Commercial Credit Analyst – Billings
Credit Analyst – All levels of experience
Assist loan officers in gathering and evaluating credit information on current and prospective customers, preparing written reports of analysis. This position also assists in the training and mentoring of other Credit Analysts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Reads and understands financial statements.
- Reviews pertinent credit and financial information, including financial statements, tax returns, credit bureau reports, bank reports, and other company reports.
- Accurately inputs financial data on PC-Based software to generate financial spreadsheet.
- Analyzes findings and prepares in written report.
- Identifies trends and determines key questions.
- Reviews irregular financial information with loan officers.
- Identifies potential risks in the credit.
- Identifies mitigating factors in the credit.
- Identifies potential products and communicates findings to loan officer, wealth management advisor, and cash management rep.
- Accurately identifies and analyzes available collateral.
- Makes risk rating recommendations.
- Understands loan structures, and makes recommendations on loan structure.
- Has a strong understanding of First Interstate Bank’s Loan Policy.
- Ability to accurately underwrite complicated borrower relationships of all sizes.
- Completes annual term loan reviews.
- Reviews documentation of files on a regular basis.
- Aids in the completion of Relationship Reviews.
- Effectively communicates with loan officers and other credit analysts.
- Assists with Problem Loan Status Reports as needed.
- Identifies potential problem loans.
- Assists in the training and mentoring of other Credit Analysts.
- Assist in the implementation and training of new software products for commercial loan analysis and the commercial lending function.
- Is a resource to loan officers for loan structures and underwriting recommendations.
- May accompany loan officers on customer calls and collateral inspections.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE
B.A. degree in Business, Finance or related field from a four-year college or university; a minimum of eight years banking experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position. Commercial banking experience preferred.